The Oregon City Farmers Market remains open (per State of Oregon) as an ‘essential business’ and will now run weekly, 9am-2pm during the Summer season and bi-weekly, 10am-2pm during the Winter season. Please check back here or follow our social media for updates as this is a fluid situation.
In order to maintain appropriate distancing between market, staff, vendors and customers, AND support local foods and farms we are opening our market to include pedestrians with more space and guidelines for shopping.
We have changed the market layout to accommodate a wider berth for pedestrian traffic. We do this in order to maintain a comfortable social distance between people for safe shopping.
Here are a few tips to help you navigate the market:
- Both market aisles will have one way lanes of pedestrian traffic. The market will follow a horse shoe pattern with a clearly signed entrance and exit
- We have made our aisles wider in most areas of the market so that each vendor will have room for social distancing customers waiting to be served
- We ask that you maintain distance from other customers in the aisles, much as you would at the grocery store
- There is no need to come right at 9:00. Our vendors won’t run out of things and traffic will be lighter in the afternoon
We have endeavored to take extra measures to ensure safety and cleanliness in the market. Those include:
- Vendors have been given new instructions to ensure cleanliness and safety
- Sampling has been removed
- Prepared food must be taken to go. There will be no cafe tables or chairs in the market to reduce congregating
- Increased hand washing and hand sanitizer stations in the market
- Volunteers, staff, and vendors will continue to sanitize and disinfect all high touch surfaces.
- All vendors and staff are required to wear masks at all times.
- We have suspended all events, including POP, music and demos
- We are prioritizing vendor space to farms first
This is unprecedented and is only successful if we can all work together. We ask that you follow the following guidelines to help keep the market safe and running smoothly:
- If you have any symptoms or believe you may have been exposed please stay home.
- If possible, send only one member of your household to shop at the market.
- Talk to your neighbors and consider sending one shopper for more than one household
- We ask that you not touch anything unless you intend to purchase. If you do touch something you may be asked to buy it
- Vendors will take their normal form of payments. Please note we will not be processing debit card tokens at this time.
- Please keep a safe distance (at least 6 feet) between you and other people
- Please wash and/or sanitize your hands often
- After completing your purchases please do not linger in the market
- We highly recommend our customers to wear masks while shopping in the market
How to Preorder to Minimize Market Time:
Please sign up and use our pre-order app, What’s Good www.sourcewhatsgood.com so that your orders will be ready for pickup upon your arrival. Please indicate in the comments of your orders whether you prefer walk in or drive up for your order retrieval
For vendors not on our app, we have their direct order info available on our website
We will continue to offer a drive up/pre-order pick option for our customers who prefer no contact. Signs will direct you where to safely pull up your vehicle with convenient exit access. Please have your order up on your phone or printed so that we make sure to collect all of your items.